How FCEF Helps Build Community
- Awarded the 2023 Nonprofit of the Year at the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce annual ball and awards banquet.
- Provided Super Grant funding for wireless microphones, light board, sound board, and stage lights for high school auditorium; used for community-wide events;
- Worked with Athletic Boosters to provide designated funding for lighting the softball and baseball fields;
- Donated 12,000+ meals for local families through our Family Assistance Fund;
- Distributed Internet "hot spots" to families in need to support our personalized learning program
- Supported MAX, HERO, TOPS, and HUGS tutoring and mentoring programs for at-risk students
- Funded ESOL summer camps for Mt. Daniel students (through private donations and grant from FC Community Services Fund);
- Provided funding for group seating in Mary Ellen Henderson's front lobby, used for many community events.